Monday, June 22, 2009

The awesomest creatures!

Kathleen and Simon, you guys rock!!
This was one of the coolest and best days of my stay in America. First of, my cousins and I went by ourselves to Los Gatos Downtown. Well, every county has a Downtown, which is pretty much like Brigade Road. Restaurants, showrooms, malls, etc etc. So ya, we went Downtown. We took a bus, a very colourful one, after a long wait! I think our coin rubbing magic trick to summon the bus actually worked. :P We went to Willow Street and had some cheesy pizza and pasta, followed by some delectable chocolate ice cream in Cold Stone. After walking back for around ten minutes we felt rather snoozy and called Suman aunty to pick us up. While we waited, we bought some root beer and water to quench our thirst. It was a pleasant day, but I was warm because I chose the wrong day to wear a jacket.
We were hardly back home when Suman aunty's friend came to pick us up to her friend, Kathleen's house, a nice big house by the country side, with a lot of animals in it. Perfect for me! Surabhi told me that they had a dog, Jazzmine and that was it. Little did I know that within and well, outside the residence too, there were two bearded dragons, a black mammoth lizard whose breed no one could quite recognise (it hissed angrily when it's shelter was taken off, creepy!), a snake, around eight goats, a cat - Black jack, an African Grey Parrot - Corky and around forty other birds. Unbelievable eh? Believe it! :P I was head over heels with excitement! Each and every animal had me astounded! I caressed Jazzmine and the dog next door - Champ, fed the goats and alpacas from my hand, spoke to Corky and petted the bearded dragons. Petting lizards of any kind had been one of my dreams (if you could call it that). I was up on the clouds when Kathlene put them in my hands. First I felt a little odd but then holding two reptiles in my hand felt so absolutely normal. Contrary to my expectations, the dragons had very dry and rough skin and were extremely well mannered. The didn't stick their tongues out and neither did they poop while they were in my arms. Hehe. Now that I have touched them, it is my dream to OWN one of them, although I don't foresee anything of that sort happening in the near future. Anyway, later we sat in the back yard, sipping some lemonade and munching on some strawberries, overlooking the freeway, reservoirs and hills that lay far away. I felt royal actually, sitting at such great a height in a comfortable hammock with my feet at ease in a foot rest. In a while Mr.Simon came along, after "playing around with some liquid Nitrogen' apparently and was introduced to us all. He greeted us in typical country style, "Howdy! How you doin?" Hehe. We got a tour around the house and saw beautiful paintings and mechanical toys that Kathleen had built herself. One of the coolest things in the house was the handwash in the restroom. When you turn on the tap, the water is bathed in blue light! How cool is that! Having a light inside the wash basin!! I am very glad to have met both of them, who are so talented and bounteous. We watched the bearded dragons through the glass, sticking out their tongue, mistaking our fingers for prey. Although they do nothing, they are entertaining and make amazing pets! If only I had spent more time with them, this post would be longer. Hehe. So long then!

No comments: